gisbelle

Gisbelle

I love reading practically any genres, except historical romance. However, I tend to read more contemporary than fantasy.

Storm
Brigid Kemmerer
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)
Kerstin Gier
WILD CARDS
Simone Elkeles
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey
Forbidden - Tabitha Suzuma Reading this book gave me mix emotions. Some parts made me want to scream "No!" and the others made me feel sorry for them. I guess this book, indeed, proves that we definitely cannot choose who we love.

The feeling Lochan and Maya have for one another is so strong, even it is totally and obviously wrong. The way they care for each other is simply heartwarming, which made me feel frustrated since I knew their relationship was not "natural", but somehow I hoped for a happier ending.

Talking about the ending, I really have no word to put for that. The author just made it impossible to think the other way around. I cried for them, cried for the saddest ending, yet the best ending.

I guess I am not very open-minded I once thought I was. I skipped some "intimate" scenes because it was too uncomfortable to read. Maybe if I were a bit less conservative... Anyway,I really had a joyful, emotional ride reading this book.