gisbelle

Gisbelle

I love reading practically any genres, except historical romance. However, I tend to read more contemporary than fantasy.

Storm
Brigid Kemmerer
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)
Kerstin Gier
WILD CARDS
Simone Elkeles
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey
Monument 14 - Emmy Laybourne What a beautiful book!

Originally posted on:

I read this one with a friend on Goodreads. Normally I would not go for this type of book. I am glad I did since I am absolutely, positively and completely in love with this book.

What I really loved about this book is the concept. The idea of being trapped is not that new, but being trapped with kids to take care of in a superstore during a disastrous period is just very intriguing. I loved all characters in this book. Yes, all fourteen of them. Each has their own uniqueness that made the book even more interesting. You can find almost any type of personality from this group of young people.

The wording is also amazing. It was not overly descriptive that made you yawn and rolled your eyes. The flow of the story was so good that it made me unable to put the book down. Literally! I read and ate dinner simultaneously. Each chapter ended just causing more curiosity and I just had to read on to find out what happened next.

Moreover, who would have guessed that this book could be humorous also? I found some scenes ridiculously funny. I know it should not be since the idea of kids being trap while the world is going crazy, murderously crazy outside should not be something to laugh about. But, it was! Well, at least some parts of the book. I guess the author tried to lighten up the mood since some characters were only 5 or 8 years old.

The ending itself was so good. Yes, it was a cliffhanger. But which book for what series is not? I cannot wait to read the second book in this terrific series.