gisbelle

Gisbelle

I love reading practically any genres, except historical romance. However, I tend to read more contemporary than fantasy.

Storm
Brigid Kemmerer
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)
Kerstin Gier
WILD CARDS
Simone Elkeles
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey
Slammed (Slammed, #1) - Colleen Hoover Review originally posted in : http://yaobsession.blogspot.com/2012/11/slammed-author-colleen-hoover-series.html#comment-form
First of, let's give Ms. Colleen Hoover a big round of applause for her amazing work.

I meant to read this book long ago, but hesitated because people told me there were poems in the book. Just so you know, I am not a big fan of poems. Then a few people in Goodreads said I had to read it and read in quick. So since I had nothing to lose, I read the book. And two words... Will Cooper! If you have not read this book, go find a copy now. I read it in one sitting, so you may need a comfortable chair.

Let's start with the poems. I normally yawn when it comes to poem. But boys, this book changes my perspective on poems. The poems in the book were so beautiful that they brought tears to my eyes. They cut me open, took out my heart and stomped on it, and yet I begged for more. Well, metaphorically speaking. You get the idea! My favorite one, beside Lake, is the first poem in the book, Blue Sweater.

Besides the tear-jerking poems, I loved Layken, aka Lake, and Will. They were a perfect couple. Will was so dreamy. Good-looking, smart, responsible and gentle. He was a complete package. They fell for each other since the first time they set eyes on one another, but their relationship was deeper than physical attraction. I do not mind insta-love, even sometimes I can't help rolling my eyes. However, this book made it romantic and, well, just perfect.

Again, if you have not read it yet, you should read it, like right now! This is a must-read.