gisbelle

Gisbelle

I love reading practically any genres, except historical romance. However, I tend to read more contemporary than fantasy.

Storm
Brigid Kemmerer
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)
Kerstin Gier
WILD CARDS
Simone Elkeles
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey
Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles) - Gena Showalter For some reasons, even I have read hundreds of books already, this book is the third book I have read about zombies. Well, maybe it is not that hard to imagine since I cannot stand zombies - movies or books. They are just too gross!

However, I really liked this book and would recommend it to everyone who just likes me - cannot stand zombies. Maybe it was because this book did not overly descriptive when it came to zombies. The first zombies book I read was so gross that I could not eat anything that day. I guess this one is mild enough for everyone to enjoy. But if you are a huge fan of brain-eating scenes, you might be a bit disappointed.

The cover was what drew my attention in the first place. Oh. Em. Gee!!!! What a cover! It was so beautiful that I had to read the book. To be frank, I was a bit nervous since I have read another version of Alice in Zombieland written Nickolas Cook and I didn't like it even one bit. It was so gruesome and the illustrations were so scary. I didn't finish that book, though. I could not go pass chapter 4.

Back to Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter, what I really liked about it was the characters. Ali was fierce and not at all clumsy. I really like it when the female characters can stand up for themselves and kick some a**. Cole, male leading character, was also fascinating (and scorching hot!). The grandparents were so funny and I loved them dearly, which made me a bit sad at how the book ended. And how could I forget Kat? She was hilarious! I would love to hang out with her.

Another excellent quality of the book is the wording. It is getting pretty difficult to find a decent young adult books that do not contain swear words. I was really happy reading this one and found that the author did not use even a single cuss word. When I was reading it and realized that Cole being a bad, bad boy he was, I thought, here we go again. Cole would drop F-bombs like crazy. But no, not even one and I really appreciated that.

Originally Posted: Gisbelle's YA Obsession