gisbelle

Gisbelle

I love reading practically any genres, except historical romance. However, I tend to read more contemporary than fantasy.

Storm
Brigid Kemmerer
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)
Kerstin Gier
WILD CARDS
Simone Elkeles
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey
Warm Bodies - Isaac Marion I read this book because I was curious with all the fuzz going all around GR about this book. And because of the movie also, of course. I have to admit that it is totally different from other books about zombies. Pretty original. Not that I am a zombie expert or anything. To be honest, this book is only my 4th zombies book.

I liked the book a lot at first. When R still behaved a bit more zombie-like. It was hilarious how he got married and then became a parent. Then it started to bug me a little. What should we call a zombie who behaves totally different? R was so normal. It was supposed to be a book about zombies, I expected more zombie scenes (not that I craved gore and blood or anything).

I didn't understand how R could "communicate" with Perry after he ate his brain. But R ate a lot other brains also. Should he not be able to talk with others also? Maybe I missed something, but it totally made no sense to me.

As for the romance, please... I don't mean to be a hater, but I didn't feel the romance at all. I couldn't image how a person can fall in love with a walking corpse. Yes, R was nice to Julie. R was a monster with a heart of gold and everything, but he WAS a corpse. And R killed and ate Perry, her boyfriend and she said she understood and forgave him. Really?!?!

Well, I hope I enjoy the movie better. But I am sure I am not going to continue reading this series.