gisbelle

Gisbelle

I love reading practically any genres, except historical romance. However, I tend to read more contemporary than fantasy.

Storm
Brigid Kemmerer
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)
Kerstin Gier
WILD CARDS
Simone Elkeles
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey
Witness Protection (The Witness, #1) - Bec Botefuhr 19-year-old Maya witnessed a girl being murdered by a sick serial killer. In order to keep her safe, Maya was put in a witness protection program. She had to live with two hot cops - Ryder and Nathan.

What I liked about the book was that it was not only about sex. I loved the suspense, even there was not much. It was a quick read, so I had to say I liked the pace and how the story was told.

What I didn't like about the book was that some scenes just made no sense to me at all. Or a bit exaggerated.

Maya lost her virginity on the dance floor during her school dance with Chance, the boy she had been attracted to. And everyone saw it and took pictures. I assumed that it was at the school since it was a school dance or even it was at someplace else, shouldn't there have been chaperones? teachers to keep an eye on them?

Besides, why was Maya still be able to contact her sister? She was in a witness protection program, so she should have been allowed to contact ANYONE she had known before. The point is to hide the witness. If she could talk/meet/call her sister, what was the point of changing her name??

Another point that bugged me was that the characters behaved a bit weird. Sometimes, they got angry at nothing. Ryder acted so immature when Maya told him she thought Jasmine was not his daughter. And Maya got angry that Ryan "lied" to her when what he had done was not tell her everything. Shouldn't she have used the word "HIDE" instead of "LIE"?

There were several misspellings which were distracting and annoying at times, but I tried to overlook those flaws.

My original thought was to rate this book 2 stars, but the part near the end when Maya, her sister and another victim were being captured by the serial killer changed my mind. Just so you know, I loved that part and it was probably the only part that was very intriguing.