gisbelle

Gisbelle

I love reading practically any genres, except historical romance. However, I tend to read more contemporary than fantasy.

Storm
Brigid Kemmerer
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)
Kerstin Gier
WILD CARDS
Simone Elkeles
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey
Dare You To - Katie McGarry Just like Pushing the Limits, this book took me on an emotional ride that made it near impossible to put it down. I tried not to let Pushing the Limits affect how I'd feel about Dare You to, but I couldn't. I kept comparing these two books. However, one thing for sure is that both books are so well-written. I enjoyed the plots and found myself fall into with the characters.

I would have rated the book 5 stars if it wasn't for the fact that the book was a bit too predictable. Or maybe it was because I had been reading too many other books following similar plots/themes. Besides, the book was the reverse of Pushing the Limits - Noah, a bad boy, falls for Echo, a good girl → Ryan, a good boy, falls for Beth, a bad girl. Not that I have any complaints or anything. I loved Beth and Ryan together, but I was hoping for more.

What I didn't about the book is when Ryan hit his father. I know his father was being mean and controlling, but punching him was a bit way too much for me to overlook. He was just trying to look out for Ryan (in a controlling sort of way). I might have liked that scene better if Ryan had chosen a different way to stand up to his father.

As for Beth, I thought she was cool at first with her stubbornness and all. Later on, it became a bit annoying! She was too stubborn to see her mother for what she truly was.

Well, to wrap up, I thought this book was a good one. I did have a good time reading it and I'm looking forward to reading book 3 since I'm head over heel in love with Isaiah. The guy deserves his happily ever after!