gisbelle

Gisbelle

I love reading practically any genres, except historical romance. However, I tend to read more contemporary than fantasy.

Storm
Brigid Kemmerer
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)
Kerstin Gier
WILD CARDS
Simone Elkeles
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey
If You Stay - Courtney Cole ...because love is never ending. It goes on and on and on.

This book was not what I had expected! Starting this book I was looking forward to reading a nice romance where a broken boy would be saved by a nice girl. Yes, it was kinda like that. But I didn't expect it to be so full of dirty words and sex scenes.

I knew it was going to be a bit too descriptive when I finished chapter one. I mean, there are not many books that start with a BJ, right? And it was pretty graphic to the point that I wanted to skip those few pages.

What amazed me...

I liked that Mila was so selfless and helpful. Even later on in the book she didn't act like herself around Pax (especially during the sex scenes), I kept looking back at how she reacted when she found Pax OD. I guess that was how strong first impressions could do to a person.

I loved the letters that Pax's mother left for him. The idea was probably not very original because I have read books and watched movies adopting the same trend. However, it was still sweet to read how his mother loved him that much.

What bugged me...

First of, Mila was too awestruck by how hot Pax was that she couldn't think straight. She saw him getting a BJ and just moments later, she allowed him to kiss her. That was so messed up when we took into account that it was their first kiss. I didn't think that was romantic at all. Just plain YUCK!

So, Mila rejected him after that first kiss since she didn't think it was a good idea for them to be together. Pax was upset that he went out and had sex with a prostitute in a (dirty) bathroom. Let's skip to the good part. Again, Pax told Mila how much he liked her and he wanted her to give them a chance. He wanted to be honest, so he told her about his bathroom action. He even went all extreme and told her he thought of her while doing it with that prostitute. Mila didn't seem to mind, though. Are you kidding me? Mila should have slapped him in the face or kicked him in the groin, but she kissed him instead. Why, you ask. Because he was hot, I guess.