gisbelle

Gisbelle

I love reading practically any genres, except historical romance. However, I tend to read more contemporary than fantasy.

Storm
Brigid Kemmerer
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)
Kerstin Gier
WILD CARDS
Simone Elkeles
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey
The Elite - Kiera Cass To be honest, I am disappointed after finishing this book because it was not even close to what I had expected from it.

The first half of the book was okay, so I didn't have any problem with it. Nothing happened much, but I still enjoyed the book somehow, especially when Marlee was caught being with one of the guards that she had been in love with. I think that was probably the one thing I liked about the book besides the cover.

Nevertheless, the last 100 pages or so, I found myself wishing it could be over soon. I WAS SO BORED! Hoping thing would pick up later, I determined to continue and finished it in one sitting. And sadly, thing didn't turn out anymore exciting than watching paint dry.

This book changed how I visualized the characters. In book one, even I didn't like America Singer much (I still think her name is stupid, though), I didn't find her repulsive. However, the America in The Elite was annoying since she went back and forth with her decision. One minute she seemed so into Maxon and the next she was kissing Aspen. Her indecisiveness had made this book a painful experience. Later on, she was bitching Maxon out on making out with Celeste. Er, hypocrite much?

The same goes for Maxon as well. He was such a royal douche in this book. I didn't understand him at all when he acted out of character after America told him she had feeling for him too. Well, his explanation later was acceptable, but then why did he have to mess around with that awful Celeste? Now I'm not sure I even like him anymore.

The ending was a LAME excuse just to make sure America could still be in the Selection.