gisbelle

Gisbelle

I love reading practically any genres, except historical romance. However, I tend to read more contemporary than fantasy.

Storm
Brigid Kemmerer
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)
Kerstin Gier
WILD CARDS
Simone Elkeles
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey
Nobody But Us - Kristin Halbrook It has been months since I read a book that moved me like Nobody But Us. It was just amazingly, brilliantly, beautifully, breathtakingly well-written. I fell so deeply and desperately in love with both Zoe and Will. For a fifteen-year-old girl, Zoe was so strong and mature. As for Will, even at times he was a hotheaded teenager who loved to solve every problem with his fists, was one of the sweetest fictional guys ever. I felt how seriously in love they both were and understood their decisions. I do not care what other people think about this book. Personally, it is by far one of the best books I have read this year.

I first picked up the book because of its absolutely beautiful cover. Then I was amazed how well written this book actually was. It might not be the first book about teenagers trying to escape cruel reality they were in. There are a lot more books written on this topic, yet this book was so much better in so many ways. For one thing, how author intensified the situation both Will and Zoe were in made me unable to put the book down. It started out so simple and carefree. I was happy for them both when they talked about their plan once they arrived Vegas. Then everything just went wrong. They committed crimes and seemed unable to untangle themselves from this mess. My heart ached for them and I could guess how the book might end, but I still hoped for the best.

Speaking for ending, this book ended with a BAM! I loved it despise how hard it had made me cry. I did not think there could be any other way to end the book. It was just perfect. It tore me apart, but it was realistic. It revealed the dark part of the world where people would do anything to survive. Everyone makes mistakes, the most important point is to take responsibilities for the mistakes you have made.

In short, I was mess after reading this book. Just like real world, it was not always roses and rainbows. If you don't think you can handle all the emotions, you should not read this book. It is best for those who enjoy being on the emotional roller roaster ride!

Originally Posted: Gisbelle's YA Obsession