gisbelle

Gisbelle

I love reading practically any genres, except historical romance. However, I tend to read more contemporary than fantasy.

Storm
Brigid Kemmerer
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)
Kerstin Gier
WILD CARDS
Simone Elkeles
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey
Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher Actual rating: 3.5

This is a emotional story and I don't deny that it broke my heart as I read this book. It was sad knowing how some actions even so insignificant can lead to such a disastrous result. However, I was annoyed by Hannah.

One thing I liked about this book is how the author linked everything together. Each event seemed to fit nicely. Besides, I loved the suspense.

The book, nevertheless, was a little dragging. I was bored at times and had to push myself through since I was curious how it would end. The ending, to my disappointment, was so awkward.

As for Hannah, at first I felt so sorry for her. She was treated badly by her peers and had to go through those times without any supports from her family. However, later on, I found that Hannah was a tad selfish. She kept blaming people around her for the reasons why she decided to take her life. She wanted someone to reach out and help, but she refused talking about what she had to go through when Clay asked her. This didn't make much sense. Besides, she cared too much what people thought of her. I don't know; I feel like she should have been stronger and should have at least talked to her parents or someone who cared.